Sunday 23 October 2016

October Update

I still continue with my rediscovery of the works by "Eddie" M. Angerhuber. I have just managed to obtain another collection of hers: In Asmodis Haus Romantische Spukgeschichten. This book was published in 1997 by Goblin Press in a limited number of 100 copies. After 20 years it has become almost completely unobtainable and the fact that none of its contents (7 stories and an afterword by Angerhuber) were ever (and may never be) reprinted, makes it a valuable collector's item. I am very glad that I was able to secure a copy. I continue reading her stories in German and, once I am ready, I will provide some material about her works on CL. This will include an article about Angerhuber and the reception of her artistic output both in Germany and the English-speaking world and will be followed by an extensive bibliography of her works. Both should be ready for publication on CL in the first quarter of 2017.



Before this, however, I will share my autumnal photographic tribute to my favourite visionary poet: Georg Trakl.

In the meantime, I am making some progress with my Portuguese. This is the next language I hope I will be able to read fluently already next year. This ambition was inspired by my short stay near Tavira, Portugal last summer - Tavira is related to one my favorite writers. You can easily guess who this is. I will be delivering a small literary tour report from Tavira in due course and wish that by that time I am ready to read more of this writer's untranslated works.
As insane as it may sound, I have never read a book in Portuguese, and yet here I am on the last day of my stay in Tavira - with a backpack full of that particular author's books in his maternal language... lost on my way from a second-hand bookshop in the backroads of rural Algarve:

No comments :

Post a Comment